Now Hiring: Business Strategist
Are you a detail-oriented, forward thinker with strong business development skills ready to create strategies and tactical plans to guide a client’s business goals and objectives? Do you have experience building a pipeline for both commercial and government contracts?
We encourage you to join our team!
Forge is seeking a Business Strategist to identify new business and maintain relationships with existing and potential clients. The Business Strategist will provide strategy services and manage the full spectrum of the sales experience from lead generation to contract management.
Location: Greater Pittsburgh Area (flexible, remote work available)
- Support the development and execution of Forge’s mission
- Develop and establish relationships with potential and existing clients
- Maintain and grow a client base
- Identify qualified opportunities for the company
- Support a robust business development process both internally and for clients
- Review, analyze, and evaluate the client’s needs and objectives, such as media output, creative output, research reports, and client data
- Work closely with the Forge Team and participate in business development planning activities, including pipeline reviews, opportunity gate reviews, win theme, and proposal reviews
- Participate in the proposal development process – define project scope and estimate
- Work with the President and CEO in the creation of project specifications
- Provide suggestions to improve client practices and adjust the company’s goals and mission to increase performance and market share
- Identify emerging platforms and trends to drive innovation
- Represent Forge at conferences, business fairs, and events
Preferred Qualities and Job Requirements:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field (Master’s degree preferred but not required)
- At least 10 years of experience in leadership, business development/sales, strategic planning, process improvement, and proposal development
- Working knowledge of US Government contracting, contract types, and procurement processes
- Manage and lead projects with minimal oversight
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Compose well-written documents and presentations
- Manage and complete multiple tasks with varying deadlines
- Strategic and analytical presentation and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, project management software, and Adobe Acrobat
- Exercise customer-friendly, interpersonal skills to work with government employees and other contractors; communicate with diplomacy
- Work directly with client and project counterparts to ensure high-quality project delivery
- Willing to travel on occasion
- Eager to grow with the organization
If you think you are a great fit for the position, apply today!
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Business Strategist Application. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 304-777-2248.
Forge is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Forge does not discriminate based on race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Forge prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.