Have your employees transitioned to working remotely? Whether your team is in the office, in the field, or working from home, it’s essential to develop an effective performance management strategy.
As COVID-19 has progressed, businesses of various sizes and industries are taking the necessary precautions to hinder the transmission of the virus. To ensure the safety of their employees and customers, businesses are transitioning employees to continue their work from home.
Before the coronavirus pandemic, nearly a quarter of the U.S. workforce worked from home. While some businesses are flexible with employees working remotely, others are treading new territory. This uncertainty leaves many company leaders apprehensive about efficiency and productivity.
Challenges Of Working From Home:
- Staying Motivated
- Reduced access to technology and internet connection
- Employees worry about limited support and communication from co-workers and managers
- 22% of employees report difficulty unplugging after work
Benefits Of Working From Home:
- More time to spend with family and loved ones
- 40% of employees appreciate the flexible schedule
- 30% of employees enjoy completing their work from various locations
- 72% of talent professionals agree that work flexibility (which includes remote work options) will be critical for the future of human resources and recruiting
To confirm your employees are on the right track, the human resources team and company management must implement a performance management strategy that synchronizes your remote team.
5 Steps to Establish an Effective Performance Management Approach
According to Gallup research, only 2 in 10 employees claim their performance is managed in a way that motivates them to produce exceptional work. It is imperative for company leaders to reinvest in relationships with their employees. According to a study from HAAS School of Business at UC Berkeley, employees who feel recognized are 23% more productive and effective at their jobs. Additionally, employees who felt that the people around them genuinely care were 43% more effective.
Take the time to not only check-in on your employees’ tasks and projects, but how they are doing as well; recognize and articulate their value to the organization and above all – Be Human.
Forge provides strategy development for performance management applications and techniques for in-person or virtual trainings. The Forge TEAM has the expertise and experience to guide your in-office and remote performance management efforts. Contact us for a free strategy assessment and Forge Ahead your business today!